Wayne State University Law School is located in the City of Detroit’s Cultural Center, and is one of the schools of Wayne State University. The Law School was founded in 1927 and was originally named the Detroit City Law School as part of the City Colleges of Detroit. It is one of two public law schools in the state of Michigan. The Law School has educated and trained lawyers since 1927, and its 10,000+ alumni serve as leaders of the bench and bar. Alumni include six of the last ten presidents of the State Bar of Michigan, members of Congress, the former national president of the Federal Bar Association, and a quarter of all sitting judges in the Michigan judiciary.