Carol Lowman

Former Executive Director at U.S. Army Contracting Command

Carol Lowman

Carol Lowman

Former Executive Director at U.S. Army Contracting Command

Biography

Dr. Carol Lowman was appointed to the U.S. AbilityOne Commission by President Obama in November 2011, and sworn into office by Chairperson Tony Poleo on January 12, 2012 at Commission headquarters.

Dr. Lowman became the second Executive Director of the U.S. Army Contracting Command (ACC), a major subordinate command of the U.S. Army Materiel Command on Sept. 27, 2011. She previously served as ACC’s Deputy Director.

ACC, headquartered at Redstone Arsenal, Ala., includes two subordinate commands, the Mission and Installation Contracting Command and the Expeditionary Contracting Command; and six major contracting centers that support AMC’s other major subordinate and life cycle management commands.
ACC provides global contracting support to warfighters through the full spectrum of military operations. ACC consists of more than 5,700 military and civilian personnel worldwide who award and manage more than 240,000 contractual actions valued at an estimated $86 billion per year.

Prior to serving as the ACC Deputy Director, Dr. Lowman was the acting director, Mission and Installation Contracting Command at Fort Sam Houston, Texas. There she helped manage more than 1,660 military and civilian personnel located at 41 installations within the continental United States. MICC awards approximately $8.2 billion a year in new acquisitions for the Army, Department of Defense and other federal organizations.

Dr. Lowman has also served as the Director and Principal Assistant Responsible for Contracting and Chief, Business Systems Division for the Army Contracting Agency Southern Region at Atlanta, GA. She also served as Chief, Management Branch for the Contracting Division at the U. S. Army Forces Command at Fort McPherson, Ga. Dr. Lowman began her Army career as a contracting intern with the Information Systems Command at Fort Ritchie, Md.

She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service on March 6, 2005.

Dr. Lowman holds a doctorate in Public Administration from the University of Georgia, a master’s degree from Troy State University and a bachelor’s from Canisius College.

Dr. Lowman has received the Meritorious Civilian Service Award, the Association of the United States Army Award at the Sustaining Base and Leadership Course and several Commanders Awards.

Overview
Career Highlights

U.S. Army Contracting Command

RelSci Relationships

31

Number of Boards

1

Relationships
RelSci Relationships are individuals Carol Lowman likely has professional access to. A relationship does not necessarily indicate a personal connection.

Executive Director, NFB Jernigan Institute at The National Federation of the Blind

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Member of the Senior Procurement Executives at Chief Acquisition Officers Council

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Former Regional Commissioner for the Federal Acquisition Service at US General Services Administration

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Chief Financial Officer at US Defense Logistics Agency

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition at United States Air Force

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Member of the Senior Procurement Executives at Chief Acquisition Officers Council

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Former Executive Director at DisabilityWorks

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Former Customer Service Attendant at BellSouth Corporation

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Former Commissioner at U.S. AbilityOne Commission

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Chairperson at U.S. AbilityOne Commission

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Paths to Carol Lowman
Potential Connections via
Relationship Science
You
Carol Lowman
Former Executive Director at U.S. Army Contracting Command
Education
Bachelor's Degree

Canisius College is the premier private university in Western New York, one of 28 Jesuit, Catholic colleges in the nation, and is consistently ranked among the top regional colleges in the Northeast. Founded in 1870 by German Jesuits, Canisius College is named for St. Peter Canisius, a renowned Dutch educator and one of the original members of the Society of Jesus.

Master's Degree
Doctorate in Public Administration

When the University of Georgia was incorporated by an act of the General Assembly on January 27, 1785, Georgia became the first state to charter a state-supported university. In 1784 the General Assembly had set aside 40,000 acres of land to endow a college or seminary of learning. At the first meeting of the board of trustees, held in Augusta on February 13, 1786, Abraham Baldwin was selected president of the university. A native of Connecticut and a graduate of Yale University, Baldwin -- who had come to Georgia in 1784 -- drafted the charter adopted by the General Assembly. The university was actually established in 1801 when a committee of the board of trustees selected a land site. John Milledge, later a governor of the state, purchased and gave to the board of trustees the chosen tract of 633 acres on the banks of the Oconee River in northeast Georgia. Josiah Meigs was named president of the university and work was begun on the first building, originally called Franklin College in honor of Benjamin Franklin and now known as Old College. The university graduated its first class in 1804. The curriculum of traditional classical studies was broadened in 1843 to include courses in law, and again in 1872 when the university received federal funds for instruction in agriculture and mechanical arts. Seventeen colleges and schools, with auxiliary divisions, carry on the university’s programs of teaching, research, and service. These colleges and schools and the dates of their establishment as separate administrative units are: Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, 1801; College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, 1859; School of Law, 1859; College of Pharmacy, 1903; D. B. Daniel B. Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, 1906; College of Education, 1908; Graduate School, 1910; C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry College of Business, 1912; Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, 1915; College of Family and Consumer Sciences, 1933; College of Veterinary Medicine, 1946; School of Social Work, 1964; College of Environment and Design, 1969; School of Public and International Affairs, 2001; the College of Public Health, 2005, the Odum School of Ecology, 2007 and the College of Engineering, 2012. The Division of General Extension, now the Georgia Center for Continuing Education Conference Center & Hotel, was incorporated into the university in 1947. In 1931 the General Assembly of Georgia placed all state-supported institutions of higher education, including UGA, under the jurisdiction of a single board. This organization, known as the University System of Georgia, is governed by the board of regents. The board of regents’ executive officer, the chancellor, exercises a general supervisory control over all institutions of the University System, with each institution having its own executive officers and faculty.

Career History
Executive Director
Prior
Chief, Management Branch for the Contracting Division
Prior
Boards & Committees
Commissioner
Current
Other Affiliations
This web site is not endorsed by, directly affiliated with, maintained, authorized, or sponsored by Carol Lowman. The use of any trade name or trademark is for identification and reference purposes only and does not imply any association with the trademark holder. The Presence of Carol Lowman's profile does not indicate a business or promotional relationship of any kind between RelSci and Carol Lowman.
  • be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.15
  • https://relationshipscience.com/person/carol-lowman-47944636
  • https://relationshipscience.com/person/carol-lowman-47944636