Powered by

Stroke patient left with radiator burn marks

Jan 10, 2019 - The Daily Telegraph (London)

A stroke patient was left "screaming in pain" with a radiator imprint burnt into her leg after carers placed her too close to the heater.

A report by the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman said that the carers, commissioned by Blackpool borough council from ICare Ltd, took nearly three hours to identify that the woman needed urgent medical attention.

The woman has been unable to return home and now lives in a care home.