Powered by

Pompeo adamant on tanker attacks : Secretary of state says more evidence of Iran's culpability to come soon

Jun 17, 2019 - Chicago Tribune

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday that more evidence will be released soon to prove the administration's assertion that Iran was responsible for attacks on two tankers in the Gulf of Oman last week.

Despite some skepticism from U.S. allies and Democrats, Pompeo said on "Fox News Sunday" that U.S. intelligence provided "unmistakable" evidence of Iranian culpability. He said "the world will come to see" much of the intelligence and data that led the administration to that conclusion...