Powered by

Northland Power signs power contract for offshore wind farm in Taiwan

Feb 28, 2019 - SNL Energy Finance Daily

A subsidiary of Northland Power Inc. signed a 20-year power purchase agreement with Taiwan Power Co. for the Hai Long 2A offshore wind project based on its 300-MW feed-in-tariff allocation.

The facility is the first of the three Hai Long projects to receive a power contract. Together, the Hai Long projects will have a capacity of 1,044 MW, according to a Feb. 26 company news release.

Northland Power owns 60% of the facility and Yushan Energy Co. Ltd. owns the remaining 40%. The compa...