Powered by

BOOK REVIEW: 'Middle England'

Aug 29, 2019 - The Washington Times

On June 24, 2016, 48 percent of the voters in Britain’s referendum on whether to leave the European Union (EU) were gobsmacked when they woke to discover that the other 52 percent had outvoted them.

Now, more than three years later, with Brexit still unachieved, those in favor of remaining are not only gobsmacked with the vote but with the multitude of variations on the Brexit theme, which have led to virtual stalemate in Parliament.  

Political and social pundits have, of course...