Powered by
Chemical fumes kill deputy during rescue at sperm bank

(CNN) -- A sheriff's deputy in Augusta, Georgia, died after inhaling chemical fumes as he tried to rescue an employee at a sperm bank, the Richmond County coroner reports.

Sgt. Greg Meagher, 57, of the Richmond County Sheriff's Office, was trying to rescue an employee Sunday at a sperm bank and was overcome by the fumes, which were believed to be from liquid nitrogen. The deputy and the employee were taken to Augusta University Hospital, where Meagher was pronounced dead, coroner Mark B

Sign up for unrestricted access to 200+ subscription services.
Already have an account? Click here to login.

RelSci News & Alerts gets you:

  • 10 free articles a month from top subscription outlets like the Financial Times, New York Times, and Washington Post
  • Competitive business intelligence through daily data updates
  • Custom feeds on target high-value individuals, companies, industries, and topics delivered straight to your inbox